If you are like most people, you have enjoyed the look of stainless steel. It is beautiful to look at....if it is clean. Unless you have the new "touchless" choices that are on the market, you may find your appliances challenging. No need to worry, we have a few tips to make life a little easier for you. Remember that you can use stainless steel cleaners that wax the appliance. You do not have to, however, once you start using them, you usually want to stay with them. The majority of the issue with the prints and smudges is especially around the handle. The oils from your skin tend to get on there as well as if there happens to be any food on your hands. Sometimes they need washed as well.
1. No matter what you choose to clean with, always go with the grain of the appliance and work in small sections. Never try to spray the whole appliance at once.
2. Clean microfiber cloths are your friend with these appliances. Have some of those on hand.
3. If you are waxing, spray the wax on your cloth not your appliance. This will keep from having it sit in one place too long.
4. If you don't want to use wax products, you can achieve a beautiful clean with Dawn dish soap and a microfiber. I recommend this as well if you have clouding, streaking or buildup. You can just lightly soap a microfiber and as you wash with Dawn, buff behind it in circles with a dry, clean microfiber buffing cloth. You should have it clear up any lines or streaking that you have. You may have to do it a few times.
5. Never use a multipurpose spray or glass cleaner on your appliance. Even the ones that say they are made for glass, stainless steel, wood etc... they do not do as well as waxes or Dawn.
6. Most hard water stains running from the water dispenser will never buff out once they have set in. Don't beat yourself up trying to change it. Nothing is going to change the stain.
Use these tips and enjoy your stainless steel!
I hate cleaning my microwave! I can't tell you how many times I have heard that! I dreaded the microwave too until I figured out how to clean it so easily. Whether it is the microwave at home or the one in the break room at work, it all comes down to everyone putting off cleaning it.
According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America www.aafa.org, 1 in 5 Americans suffer from allergies. That's over 50 million Americans. There are some great things that you can do to help relieve your allergies. Dust mites are a common culprit to those who suffer. Dust mites cannot survive in any extreme condition. That would mean that whether you choose heat (steam) or cold (freeze) them, both can get ahead of those pesky pests.