I hate cleaning my microwave! I can't tell you how many times I have heard that! I dreaded the microwave too until I figured out how to clean it so easily. Whether it is the microwave at home or the one in the break room at work, it all comes down to everyone putting off cleaning it.
If you have stuck on explosions that will not come off easily and you have burned through the muscles in your arms trying to fix it, here is your solution.
- First don't use the scrub side of your sponge, it will scratch the surface and door and you will see it through the door front.
- Take a medium sized microwavable bowl and fill it with water.
- If you prefer a scent, you can add some essential oils. Some people like orange, lemon or cinnamon oil. You can even place some environmentally safe dish soap that has an essential oil fragrance. *Please note, read the manufacturer’s guide for a stainless-steel interior, you may not be able to add oil.
- Run it to the point of a lot of steam and possible boiling. If you open the door and the stuck-on food is not soft, run it longer. When complete, you will have a steamed interior and you can easily wipe the once stuck-on food!
- You will also smell the fragrance that you picked. I suggest using a food scent so that your next microwaved meal doesn't taste like flowers.
- Enjoy a clean microwave with little effort to clean it!